Effective August 7, 2008
Los Angeles Master Chorale values your privacy. We've prepared this policy statement to inform you about the information we collect about you, and how we use and protect that information.
This privacy statement covers the site www.lamc.org. Because the Master Chorale wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please first contact Director of Marketing by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone: 213-972-3110, by mail: Los Angeles Master Chorale, 135 North Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Information collection and use
Los Angeles Master Chorale is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
Information we gather automatically while using this site
You can browse our site without entering any personal information. We do automatically collect and compile some anonymous information when you access our site. These “access logs” enable us to make our site more useful to you. The information automatically collected does not contain anything that can identify you personally, such as your e-mail address. We log the following information:
- The date of your visit
- The time you arrive and the length of your visit
- The browser you use
- The IP address of the computer you used to visit our site. (We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as the number of users who visit us from AOL.)
Information we request directly from you
In order to purchase tickets or merchandise, join our e-mail club, and participate in contests and/or surveys, you must complete a registration form. Our site's registration form requires you to provide and verify basic contact information (such as your name and e-mail address).
This information is used to contact you about services in which you have expressed interest. It is optional for you to provide additional demographic information (such as your address and age), but it is encouraged so we may provide more personalized and meaningful experience on our site.
How we use financial information
When ordering tickets or merchandise from us, we may require contact information (such as name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number and expiration date) in order to process your requests. This information is used to check your qualifications and bill you for products and services. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with you.
We will not share financial or unique identifier information with third parties without your prior consent. When you make a purchase on the site, your consent is given to provide your financial or contact information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies and the companies that handle shipping on our behalf.
Our security precautions
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the internet.
We do not store credit card information on our web servers.
There are three ways in which we share information.
1. We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This information is not linked to any personal information you provide, nor can it be used to identify any individual person.
2. We partner with other parties to provide specific services, such as the fulfillment of tickets or shipment of merchandise. When you request these services, we will share the information that is necessary for the third party to provide you with the requested services. Our agreements with these parties prohibit them from using personally identifiable information about you except for the sole purpose of providing these services.
3. We use information you provide to us in order to contact you about offers from Los Angeles Master Chorale. If you select the option, from time to time we may share this information with carefully selected partners. Should you decide that you prefer that your information not be used for either one of these purposes, you may notify us of your preference and we will honor your request. We want to provide you with the highest level of services possible, but only in ways you find helpful.
Other sites and their privacy policies
This site contains links to other websites. Los Angeles Master Chorale is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies and practices of other third parties.
A cookie is a piece of data that contains information about your visit and is stored on the hard drive of the computer you use to access our site. For instance, by setting a cookie on our site, you will not need to enter a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If you reject the cookie, you may still use our site, but you will not have access to any part of the site that requires you to log in. Cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. These cookies are not tied to your personally identifiable information.
Surveys and contests
From time to time, our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used, and shared with the survey or contest sponsors, to notify the winners and award prizes. Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. Users' personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users' personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information and Preferences
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if you wish to change your preferences with regard to the use of your personally identifiable information, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that your personal data provided to us. This can be done by:
- Mail to Marketing Department, Los Angeles Master Chorale, 135 North Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- Email to email@example.com
When you “sign up” for an account with us, you are given the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your information used for purposes not directly related to our site.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out by:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. writing to us: Marketing Department, Los Angeles Master Chorale, 135 North Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- Instructions on how to “opt-out” are also included in all of our email communications.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website.
Notification of changes
If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying users of the change. In some cases when we post a notice, we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.